Sunday, January 30, 2011

Parental Anxiety

I've been terrible this week. I've had trouble waking up to exercise let alone find anytime to write here. Of course, I'm sure part of that is my inability to figure out exactly what I Want to say here. The little man is currently asleep in his bed. A first for us. Will it last? I have no idea. And will it go over well tonight when he actually has to fall asleep in there? I don't know. I know I will miss him though. 

It has been two years of having him in bed with us. I know he is safe then. I'm nervous. It is stupid and I know he'll be fine but there is part of me that is now convinced someone will sneak in and steal him away because I am not right there with him. I'm definitely over protective. I was exceptionally anxious when he went off to school and this is just another step that I will deal with. But it is so hard. I'm ready for him to stay my baby forever. 

I wil absolutely not be able to handle it when he is a teenager. I'm already terrified of him going to school and being bullied. 

I never realized how much anxiety I suffered from. Parenthood is a killer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment