Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lazy Sunday

I so had planned to be ambitious and do a million things this weekend...buuuuut...now I'm too lazy. I am perfectly happy to laze around, watch TV, play a little Cityville, read a book...basically do nothing that requires any level of exertion or wearing anything but sweatpants.

I cannot tell a lie - I have discovered a deep...DEEP love for sweatpants and I now don't both putting anything on that has a zipper or a button on weekends. I love it. It is my favorite indulgence. Now all I need is to be able to do that at work and I am set.

I'm watching Young Guns. I loved this movie when it came out and it still stands up. I love the cast and the story is timeless.

When I was younger i went on a trip with my mom and brother to New Mexico and one of our stops was in a small town called Cimarron. We stayed in a haunted hotel that terrified my brother and I and we were fully convinced of the power of the beyond that night. But...one of the super cool things about the place is that it was a stop along the infamous Sante Fe trail and the hotel kept the original saloon intact so when you wanted in there you could see the bullet holes in the ceiling from ye olden days. Additionally they had all the original hotel guests books and behind glass they had the book that features the infamous signature of WIlliam Bonney - aka Billy the Kid. I think it is the closest I will ever come to a real criminal.

I ramble on this blog. I still don't feel like I've found my voice or am clear on what I want to say. I feel like I need to keep talking to figure out where i want to get to. I just don't know what that is yet...or how deep I want to go...or, I guess, what I want to find. Maybe that is part of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment