Saturday, January 15, 2011

How much is too much?

I have all these thoughts swirling around in my head of late. And more often than not, I think the topics that cause the mind tornadoes are likely things that I would generally be blogging about. But...I have also discovered that I have started thinking significantly more about what I put in this blog and how much self-exposure is too much.

I am, to be honest, not afraid to expose my soul and my deepest darkest secrets here on the blog for anyone who wants to read it. But I have met people who are completely taken aback by that level of honesty and vulnerability and I wonder if I should then worry about what I put on here. Now, let me be clear, I'm not saying that people are concerned about what I may be writing about them...more about their comfort level around someone who is so willing to put it all out there. Of course most of that relates more to when I was single and dating which was really the last time I regularly blogged but I wonder how it applies to friends who are reading this.

Can I safely talk about all the ridiculousness that goes on in my head and hope that people are clear that it is only about what goes on in MY head. That it is not related to any one in particular? Can I safely expose my weaknesses and fears and anxieties and hope that people don't judge me for that (I'll admit it...I'm a little crazy - although not crazier than anyone else out there but definitely not afraid to show it)? And am I worrying about this for the wrong reasons? Should I care what people think about what I write here? If they are reading it then they are making themselves just as open to what I have to say as I am saying it?

I don't know. I think about it a lot and I think that sometimes contributes to what I hold back when I write here.

How much me is too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment